Thursday, January 27, 2011

Set One Testimonies...

I've been meaning to post some of the testimonies from Bright Lights for a while but hadn't actually done it yet. By reading through these excerpts from their testimonies I hope you will be encouraged by what God is doing in our group. By request of the girls, no identities have been attached to the testimonies.

The posters we used during Bright Lights to illustrate the differences between a "Bright Light" and "Typical Teenager" (Click on the photo to see a larger version)

"Bright Lights has been a great blessing to me for many reasons. It has forced me to step outside my comfort zone and be a leader, it has convicted me in several areas of my life that I needed to grow in, it has encouraged me to stand strong for the Lord in my youth, and most importantly, it has strengthened my walk with God."

"In Bright Lights I learned how to develop a disciplined walk with the LORD and I am working hard on sticking with it. In Bright Lights I committed to being respectful and obeying my parents. I am still working on it and I am getting better."

"This semester in Bright Lights I learned many things, but the most important thing I think I learned about was obeying my parents. I have found and my parents have told me that I'm doing a lot better obeying them quicker and with a grateful heart."

"One of the things I like about Bright Lights is that it keeps me thinking about the commitments I've made and following through on those commitments. I want my life to be all God's."

"Because of Bright Lights I have made a commitment to read my Bible everyday and to honor my parents more."


"Bright Lights has shown me that I'm not alone in striving to be a godly young lady. It is great accountability."


"The first time I came to Bright Lights I thought it was going to be a normal Bible study and also boring, but it turned out to be pretty fun. I have learned that studying the Bible can be fun."


"The lesson of fearing God and not people was effective for me because I was struggling with that. Because I wanted to make friends, I started thinking a lot about how I dressed. I love how Bright Lights challenges me in my faith."

"I am learning and have learned about how much God loves me. I have also made commitments that I thought I would never make. I have always been shy, and I never wanted to pray aloud except at home. Now, I am not shy about talking to people & praying with them."



"A lesson I really love is the one about fearing the Lord. It has helped me honor the Lord more in what I do and not be worried about what others think."

God is definitely working in my life and in the lives of the young ladies in our group. Thank you for allowing me the honor of spending time with your daughters each month. Each girl is a joy and blessing to me and I am humbled to have the responsibility of setting an example for them. I hope you'll join me in thanking the Lord for what he has done so far and asking Him to continue working in our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment