Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Being Valiant for the Truth 1/11/11

Despite the snow and bitterly cold temperatures we had a good group show up this evening as we began the semester with Set 2.
During our lesson we discussed being valiant for the truth by avoiding all forms of deceitfulness in our lives, being firmly grounded in God's word so we can combat the lies of the enemy and proclaiming the truth to others so that they might be set free.

The girls were challenged to have a quiet time every single day from tomorrow until the day of our next Bright Lights meeting. I gave each of them a sheet with ideas for this time with the Lord and a checklist for each day until our meeting on the 25th.

I'm not sure what point I was making in this picture, but it must not have been a very good one. :)

After the lesson everyone split into two groups to play a game. I would give a lie from the enemy. Each group was assigned to either come up with reasons why I should believe the lie or why, based on Scripture, I shouldn't believe it. After the teams had 5 minutes to prepare we had a little "debate" between the groups.
It was a helpful reminder of the importance of having a strong foundation in Scripture so we can easily combat the lies of Satan.

Group "Our last names begin with A-K"

Group "Our last names begin with L-Z"

In their small groups the girls got a chance to play the game "two truths & a lie," discuss the lesson together & share prayer requests.

We ended with tea, dessert & fellowship.

Cecily looking over the new lesson booklet...

Rachel, Jessica, Karen & Sylvia chatting over their tea..

Thank you all for braving the cold & coming this evening. I enjoyed seeing everyone again & I look forward to hearing how your quiet times go in the next two weeks. Our next meeting will be on January 25, 2011 from 6:15 - 8:15pm. See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Allison! You are fast! I love that picture of you making a great point. :) I was too lazy to get any pictures at all this meeting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just excited to get it all up I guess. Haha.. yes, it is a pretty funny picture. I wasn't going to post it but I figured I've probably posted plenty embarrassing pictures of everyone else. :)

    Oh well, maybe you'll get some next time. :)

    ReplyDelete