Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Honoring Parents 4/24/12

I apologize, this post is a week late. We had a great time last week wrapping up Set 5 with a lesson on honoring your parents.

Our Gratefulness Banquet is quickly approaching! For the banquet, each small group has memorized a large portion of Scripture to share. During our meeting each group got up & presented the passage they had memorized to the rest of the group. It was so encouraging to hear each group share.






After we heard each recitation, I taught a lesson on honoring parents and gave the girls some practical suggestions for showing honor and respect to their parents. Once the lesson was completed, the girls surprised me with a birthday cake & bag full of birthday cards from each of the girls!



I am so, so blessed by each of you girls! Thank you so much for thinking of me & encouraging me in this way! It truly is an honor to know each of you!

Next, we did a Bible sword drill with various Scriptures related to parents, authority, honor & disrespect. We made it a competition between the small groups and the Miriam group won this time.





I look forward to seeing you all again for our last Bright Lights meeting this semester on May 8th at CBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment